New Position Offered by the Florida Auctioneers Association
THIS POSITION WILL CLOSE DECEMBER 15th at NOON, no exceptions. Please email all resumes to email@example.com
Position Description (Date Due: December 15th, 2015 12:00 noon)
Florida Auctioneers Association (FAA)
Title: Secretary to the Board
Reports To: Board of Directors
Goal: Profitable Grow and Expand the Association
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Secretary to the Board will have overall strategic, recruiting and operational responsibility for the Florida Auctioneers Association programs, expansion, and execution of its mission. S/he will have a deep knowledge of the auction profession, educational programs, web site operations, financials, communications, social media and strategic business plans.
Leadership & Management:
- Organize and oversee the profitability and operations of the Florida Auctioneers Association. Ensure ongoing excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
- Attend all board and convention meetings and oversee the proper recording of all motions and minutes of all proceedings.
- Write and communicate all required notices.
- Receive all applications for membership, keeping records of membership roster and updating the FAA website.
- Send out packets and communicate with all new members.
- Invoice all members and track payments.
- Answer all communications, including consumer inquires.
- Comply with request from the Board of Directors for information concerning expenditures made in the performance of day-to-day activities.
- Provide financial statements for review to the Executive Committee and the appointed CPA firm. Insure filing of all taxes.
- Review and work with the Executive Committee and appointed CPA firm to ensure the Association is maintaining all IRS and State of Florida compliance and reporting.
- E-mail the agenda and related items including committee reports and financials to the members of the Board of Directors at least two weeks prior to scheduled board meetings.
- Oversee and update the FAA website and insure all advertising slots are filled. Update any reports/downloads to the FAA website for members.
- Maintain an up to date listing of awards, Board of Directors and committees that are on the FAA website.
- Work with the magazine designer and printer on layout and editing of the Florida Auctioneer (newsletter).
- Research and provide financial information, as well as, reference to the Board of Directors on all vendors/expenditures.
- Prepare and post press releases for the Board of Directors and the general membership if needed.
- Work with other license groups such as the Real Estate Commission to have dual credit CE courses. Maintain a working relationship with the DBPR.
- Maintain and promote FAA on Facebook and other social media platforms.
- Oversee the tracking and implementation of FAA Strategic Business Plan and execution of date specific strategies.
- Actively engage and energize FAA volunteers, board members, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders.
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors: serve as ex-officio of each committee, seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for both ongoing local operations as well as for the national rollout
- Lead, coach, develop, and retain FAA’s high-performance senior management team. Ensure effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents.
- Oversee the successful execution of all conventions including, communications, setup, food, speakers, décor, contests, fun auctions and registrations.
Fundraising & Communications:
- Expand local revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities.
Planning & New Business:
- Over see the strategic business planning process.
- Help the Association secure advertisers and new members.
- Help in the training and education of new members as they join leadership positions with the Association.
The Secretary to the Board will be thoroughly committed to the Florida Auctioneers Association mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- Business degree and track record of effectively leading and increasing membership in an Association. Be able to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach, manage and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget.
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships.
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.